Howdy, folks -
We’re trying something new here so stick with us: we’re going to write!
Every week, we’ll be updating our website with something. Stories of our lives, our new music, what’s making us happy, what’s making us laugh, what’s making us cry. It’ll be a hodge podge to start until we find a groove. Blogging. How Y2K of us, we know.
This is the first one, so you’ll have to let us know how you like it! Here goes.
It’s Wednesday and we’re just coming off the road from 3 weeks of a leg of our Road Sweet Road Tour. It wrapped on Sunday night at the Mother Church of Country Music, The Ryman Auditorium. What a run. This is not blowing smoke – we had some of the best crowds we’ve ever had in Arizona, Utah, Colorado, and Arkansas than we’ve ever had before. Thanks for making it special for us.
There were a lot of highlights on this run, but we thought we’d share a couple with you:
- We happened to be rolling through Louisiana right as Mardi Gras was kicking off a few weeks ago, and as is tradition, they nabbed some King Cakes. For those of you who don’t know, there is a tradition during Mardi Gras surrounding these special types of cake. Each person is served a fresh slice, and looks to see if their piece of king cake contains a small baby toy. If so, then that person is declared “king for a day” and bound by historical Mardi Gras custom to host the next party. In this instance, each cake had a baby, and our “kings for the day” were our production manager and sound man Chris, Chance, and Tim.
- We shot ANOTHER music video. This time it was in the desert with our pal, Brooke Eden. Like the Ryman show, this video shoot had to be rescheduled from December until February due to some horrific weather. Luckily we were able to pull it off this time. We’re going to be releasing that song and video in April… any guesses what it might be?
- After we had to reschedule our Nashville show at the Ryman in December, we were able to make that up this weekend with a ROCKIN’ show and livestream. It was truly one of the best shows we’ve ever done. It was basically a sold out crowd, with more than 2,200 people in the room, and another 1,200 people tuning in via Mandolin. Thank you all for coming out or watching online. We were lucky enough to be joined by our close friends and family, a lot of our team, special guests Maggie Baugh, Brooke Eden, Abby Anderson, and Mark Wills. Even JennaLee, the star of our “Don’t Laugh At Me” music video, joined us on stage for a special moment during that performance. We really appreciate our friends who showed up and joined us backstage, including Duane Allen from the Oak Ridge Boys, Frankie Ballard, and so many of the writers of our songs including Chris Biano, Arlis Albritton, and more! Was such a fun time.
We’re off this week. It’s much needed downtime. We have a lot going on starting again soon:
- We’re releasing another music video to Patrons this week! It’s coming out next Friday. Join us on Patreon now to watch it early.
- We’re headed to Australia! We’re going to be at CMC Rocks next week. We’re even going to be shooting a music video down there. Tickets are sold out to the festival, but we’re working actively on a return down there. If you’re down there, we need you to let us know where you are! Sign up for our SMS and email list and we’ll make sure you get all the pre-sale information. Sign up HERE.
- We’re going to be back on the road in April in the US. If you don’t have tickets yet to see us on tour.. What are you waiting for? For the best deals, and first dibs on any tickets, events, and videos, you can join our thriving community on Patreon.
Well… that wraps it up for blog numero uno for us. Let us know what you think in the comments below!
Adam, Austin, Chance, Rob, and Tim